Heritage Trails - Places of Interest

Railway Station

The sleepers still evident by the side of the road give away the location of the old railway crossing and the entrance to Govilon Station (now a private house). This was the first station to be completed on the Merthyr, Tredegar and Abergavenny railway when it opened in 1862. The Station had up to 7 staff. It closed to freight in 1954 and passengers in 1958.

Go to the Govilon Village website