The 1871 census records were collected by Enumerators who were assigned to a particular area.
This record was collected by Mr James Lewis who served the following area:
Part of the Parish of Llanwenarth Ultra Comprising all the houses between the Tram Road which lie on the upper side of the Blaenavon Company's Tram Road leading from the Limestone Quarries on the Gilwern Hill To the old inlcines, the house occupied by William Fox and bounded by Llanelly on the North. Pwlldu Long Rank, the house by School, the Shop House, the houses over the Stables, the Agents House, the Shop & Upper Rank, the House at top of Old Inlines, Old Pwlldu, Wain House, Pen Rhiw, Iron Stable, Turn Houses, House by Wesleyan Chapel, Weighing Machine, the whole of the Houses at Garnddyrus, including the Long Row, Victoria Inn and the Queen's Row.
|Lewis, Ann||18 years||Unknown|
|Lewis, Catherine||7 years||Scholar|
|Lewis, James||10 years||Scholar|
|Lewis, John||15 years||Collier|
|Lewis, Michael||49 years||Iron Forge Labourer|
|Lewis, Rachel||12 years||Scholar|
|Lewis, Theresa||45 years||Unknown|
|Lewis, Thomas||20 years||Puddler|
|Lewis, William||8 years||Scholar|