The 1871 census records were collected by Enumerators who were assigned to a particular area.
This record was collected by Mr Edwin Lewis who served the following area:
Part of the Parish of Llanwenarth Ultra, comprising all the houses & cottages which lie between the River Usk, bounded by the Parish Road leading from the Canal Company's Wharf to the Cwm as far as the Wildon Works, thence bounded by the L & N W Railway leading from Abergavenny to Brynmawr, including the houses on the Canal Wharf, The L&N W Wharf, Mr Jenkins Cottages. The house occupied by Henry Baker, The Gardener's Arms, the Cadvor Farm, Govilon Village, The Cottages at Wildon Works, including the Pentre Farm, Llanwenarth Great House & Lodge, Blanbaiden Hop Yards & Llanycavor & Boat House.
|Hiley, Margaret||52 years||Unknown|
|Hiley, Sarah||80 years||Landowner|
|Rosser, Caroline||4 years||Scholar|
|Rosser, Charlotte R||1 year||Unknown|
|Rosser, Fanny||5 years||Scholar|
|Rosser, John N||2 weeks||Unknown|
|Rosser, Mary A||33 years||Unknown|
|Rosser, Mary A||8 years||Scholar|
|Rosser, Nathaniel||42 years||Iron Baller|
|Rosser, Sarah||7 years||Scholar|