Village Centre Trail
John Harris was the owner of the Govilon Blacksmith's Shop at the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th century. Mrs James Charles Hill owned the forge from about 1850 to 1870. Until 50 years ago five men were employed in the shoeing of horses and making iron rims for cart wheels made by the local wheelwright. The original blacksmith's was by the aquaduct near Christchurch.