Tramroad & Canal Trail
Situated in Cwm Lane it was a non-conformist school established in 1721 and owned by the Baptist chapel. It continued until the formation of the Government School Board. It is now a private house
The Old National School
Established in 1860 by the Church of England and later extended by the Rev George Grove. It was known as Llanwenarth Ultra Primary School, and was leased to the Monmouthshire County Council. In 1968, a new primary school was built in the Avenue and the old school is now known as the Robert Jefferies field centre for the Kettering Schools.
Govilon Primary School
Govilon Primary School is a small, village, non-denominational Local Authority maintained school, under the aegis of Monmouthshire County Council.
Our building is on one floor with the Infant and Junior departments adjoining the school hall and includes a newly created Computer Suite. We also have a large playing field with a football/rugby pitch, hard playground marked with a netball court and yard designs for pupils to enjoy, a separate pond area and Millennium woodland area.
The Infant and Junior Departments have separate entrances, clockrooms, toilets and play areas.
Govilon Primary School caters for both Infant and Junior children between the ages of 4 and 11. Pupil are divided into classes organised on the basis of age/key stage.
For more information on Govilon Primary School, visit their website.