Govilon History

Village Trail

Tramroad & Canal Trail

Railway Station

The sleepers still evident by the side of the road give away the location of the old railway crossing and the entrance to Govilon Station (now a private house). This was the first station to be completed on the Merthyr, Tredegar and Abergavenny railway when it opened in 1862. The Station had up to 7 staff. It closed to freight in 1954 and passengers in 1958.

Home|About|History Trails|Walks & Talks|Records|Memorial|Publications|Prints|Photos|