Forge & Railway Trail
The sleepers still evident by the side of the road give away the location of the old railway crossing and the entrance to Govilon Station (now a private house). This was the first station to be completed on the Merthyr, Tredegar and Abergavenny railway when it opened in 1862. The Station had up to 7 staff. It closed to freight in 1954 and passengers in 1958.